Tuesday, January 10, 2006

if i did not wish you a happy new year, come celebrate with people from all over...it's amazing how people do stuff like this. thanks to jessie yeh for the link.

and then, come to the times square of the web itself!

-on the local fame issue, the article actually appeared on the web for a few hours, then disappeared again. ???? ...then, my friend dave, a gentleman and a blogger, showed me link poetry that predates mine. hope he hangs on to that link! i've become a "practitioner" and "historian", as opposed to an "inventor." such was my ten minutes of fame!

3 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

Cool dad. I saw you on boggle! I actually got 1st place, I had a big team. Isnt it ausome that bruce is playing now? BYE!!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

dad, when I click on you it says theres no profile available, so you should make a profile so that more people can view your blog. You is D-Mckgurck? BYE!!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Parentheticus said...

tom, there were problems with the links to my blog on this post, but they're fixed, so now it's possible to read who 'invented' link poetry. ;-)

i wouldn't be surprised if another example were found to predate my own attempt in 2002, since hypertext has been around for a couple of decades, but I'll take credit, since I aim to be 'the Edgar Allen Poe of bloggers' (except for his early demise).

But you get credit for giving it a name: "link poetry" though I'd like credit for naming it "plinkoetry" (or "ploetry" and "ploem" for short)

To day I wrote my first 'plinkoem'/
With a bit of hypertext, embedded like a bone.
Some food for thought to chew on like a s'koan.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home